1. replaced the starter (1 reports)
2002 Ford Ranger electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Ford Ranger:

2002 Ford Ranger Owner Comments

Dec 192009

Ranger 4 cyl

I had my transmission replaced in my 2002 Ford Ranger and a week later the starter went. I took it in and they replaced the starter. One day later it was being towed back to Ford because it wouldn't start. They replaced the starter again. I hate my truck so much I rarely drive it but guess what, 500km later it's been towed back into Ford because the starter is gone again. This is ridiculous, so my recommendations are, stay as far away from a ford as you can. Once the problems start, they never end. When it's fixed, I am so getting rid of it and I can't wait to see it gone. :)

- , Calgary, Alberta, Canada