2002 Ford Ranger engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Ford Ranger:

2002 Ford Ranger Owner Comments (Page 3 of 3)

May 142002

Transmission will jump gears while in park and surge forward with no warning. Cause unknown. Dealer notified.

- Panitsville, KY, USA

Jan 302002

I recently purchased a 2002 Ford Ranger. On March 11, the vehicle would not stop as I was turning around near the new philadelphia post office around my lunchtime. I had my foot to the floor and the vehicle would not stop. I ended up hitting the concrete ramp at the tuscarawas county educational building. The tires continued to spin even though my foot was to the floor and I was hitting the concrete barrier! this is the second time I had experienced this however the first time I did not hit anything I just jumped the curb at my apartment. I thought the first time was my error because I hadn't been used to driving a truck. Also, after the first time I washed my truck I noticed paint chipping off of the flare... only the clear coat is chipping... I have taken the truck to Ford (humphries) and the service department made some adjustments but were unable to repair the dented bumper because Ford advised them there were no recalls. Ford has also sent me a letter stating it is an insurance matter. My goal is this: I do not feel I should have to pay anything to get the problems fixed. I want the dented bumper repaired and the chips in the flare repaired. I do not have $500 to wait to be reimbursed on either. What can be done to help me? nlm

- New Philadelphia, OH, USA