4.4

2002 Ford Ranger seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Ford Ranger:

2002 Ford Ranger Owner Comments

Jan 112007

Ranger 6-cyl

Driver side seat belt won't stay buckled. Vehicle is out of warranty due to mileage.

- Oxnard, CA, USA

Jun 072006

Ranger 6-cyl

As I was driving on the interstate going about 60 mph, my seat belt (driver's side) came unbuckled. As I attempted to buckle it again, I was unable to get it to stay buckled. I contacted the local car dealer who asked me to bring the vehicle in for them to inspect. Upon inspection by the dealer where I bought the truck, I was informed of the need to have the seat belt connector unit replaced. This was done the next day, and I have retained the replaced part.

- Englewood , OH, USA

Jun 302005

Ranger 4WD 6-cyl

Contact states driver's side seat belt will not latch. This component is not covered under the warranty. The service dealer stated the buckle assembly needed to be replaced.

- Wattsburg, PA, USA

Mar 172004

Ranger

Passenger side seat belt disconnected while driving. Consumer took the vehicle to the dealer for inspection, and mechanic replaced the seat belt assembly.

- Temecula, CA, USA

Jan 212003

Ranger 4WD 6-cyl

While driving at any speed seat belts will come undone. Also seat belt retractor will intermittently not retract. Vehicle had this problem 20 times since purchase of vehicle.

- Cottonwood, CA, USA

Jul 242003

Ranger

Consumer states that driver's front safety belt latch plate does not lock into the buckle when attempting to secure. Consumer does not have the protection of safety belt when driving.

- Hopewell, VA, USA