2003 Ford Ranger clutch problems

clutch problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Ford Ranger:

2003 Ford Ranger Owner Comments

Apr 142011

At 50,000 clutch felt like it was hanging up on carpet when pressed down but NO CARPET! Replaced slave & master cylinder. Now at 65000 upon returning from another Mexico trip I pressed the pedal down and it STUCK! (At a gas station). Repeated this several times and it stayed down each time-could not move car!!! Had to reach down and pull the clutch pedal up. Eventually the pedal stopped doing that and I drove normal to the Ford dealer where I was...still 200 miles from home. We couldn't get it to do it again!!! The dealer couldn't see anything wrong OR make it stick again!!! I travel great distances alone in rural Mexico-I do not need this problem. Should I get a NEW CLUTCH and the cylinders and what else might cause this???? I love this truck and it has gotten me many places in the "outback" of Baja. HELP!!!!!!

- , Cove, OR, USA