1. remove filler neck blockage (1 reports)
2003 Ford Ranger fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Ford Ranger:

2003 Ford Ranger Owner Comments

Oct 012012

Ranger 3.0L

All I want is some advice on how to fix this! I can't pump gas into the tank very fast. It comes back up the fill tube like the tank is full. But it isn't. What should I check to fix this? It seems to be getting worst as time goes by.It takes about 10 minutes to get 3 gals in.

Update from Oct 21, 2012: Upon removing the filler neck, I found a wire screen near the bottom. I removed the screen and then found a small foil seal, like the ones you find on bottles of gas additives. This piece of foil was blocking the screen.It must have been there since before I bought the truck 2yrs ago. Gas goes in fine now. I hope this post will help someone else with the same problem.

- , Petersburg, VA, USA