8.0

1. higher grade bearings (1 reports)
  2. replace bearing (1 reports)
2003 Ford Ranger suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Ford Ranger:

2003 Ford Ranger Owner Comments

May 122010

Ranger LTX 4.0L

The Wheel bearing on front passenger wheel wore out in two days and it ruined the rotor and caliber on that side. I thought the rotor was going bad but while driving it started grinding real bad. When the problem occured I pulled off to the side of the road and called a tow truck to take it to my truck to my mechanic. I was lucky it did not lock up going in high speed or in heavy traffic. He had to replace the wheel bearing, rotor, front brake shoes and caliber. My 2003 truck only has 39600 original miles. Even my mechanic stated this should not have happened on a truck with that kind of miles. I would like to here from anyone that cuold help me with ths problem.

- , Butler, PA, USA

Jun 162007

Ranger Edge 3.0L V6

FRONT END HAD PLAY AND LOUD POPPING NOISE WHEN MOVING. KICKED WHEELS AND SAW THE PLAY IN THEM VISUALLY. NEW TIRES ALL AROUND AND FRONT END INSPECTION/ALIGNMENT. NO CHANGE IN NOISE AND HANDLING. COME TO FIND OUT THE WHEEL BEARINGS WEREN'T EVEN FINGER TIGHT. TIGHTENED THEM TO NORMAL AND LIFE WAS GOOD BUT STILL HAD THE NOISE., HANDLING WAS 100% NOW. WITH NO PLAY IN THE WHEELS. ABOUT 3 MO. LATER SAME THING HAPPENED. THIS TIME I REPLACED INNER AND OUTER BEARINGS WITH "CHEAP PARTS" 3 MONTHS LATER HEARD THE NOISE AND THUMPING AGAIN. TIGHTENED THEM AGAIN, AND LIFE WAS GOOD NOW THEY ARE LOUD . WHY DON'T THEY STAY TIGHT. COTTER PINS ARE IN PLACE WITH NUT LOCKS. I DON'T GET IT. IT CANT BE SAFE!

- , Midbrg, OH, USA