2004 Ford Ranger body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Ford Ranger:

2004 Ford Ranger Owner Comments

Aug 122016

Ranger XLT 4.0L

I bought my 2004 Ford Ranger about 1 year ago and it has just of 90,000 miles on it. I took it in for inspection and the garage called to tell me I need a new cross-member welded as the original has completely rusted through. The mechanic told me he has seen many problems like this with rangers as well as F150s over the years. He shared stories of suspension members coming off and spare tires falling off just as I have read on this website. He suggested I think about selling it as the problems will only continue to arise. I agree Ford should recall this problem as Toyota did and as was done for the Escape.

- , Lewisberry, PA, USA