2005 Ford Ranger body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Ford Ranger:

2005 Ford Ranger Owner Comments

Jun 192016

Ranger

Frame components and attachments severely rusted and barely attached. Attachment to control arm is extremely bad

- Otisville, NY, USA

Apr 202016

• 2,400,000 miles
Frame on truck has completely rusted off in two pieces I went to replace the fuel pump and took the bed off to see the truck fold

- Riverview, FL, USA

Dec 052012

Ranger

Spare tire and carrier detached from frame. Rear bumper detached from frame. Right rear leaf spring shackle collapsed. Gasoline support strap detached from frame cross member. Midsection of frame cracked at 47,000 miles. This was all due to corrosion of metal over the last two years.

- Charlton, MA, USA

Sep 172014

Ranger 4WD 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2005 Ford Ranger. The contact stated that the frame was severely rusted. The vehicle was taken to the dealer. The technician diagnosed that the trailer hitch, tire holder, and frame were chipping away. No repairs were made to the vehicle. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 79,000. Updated 7/9/15 the consumer stated the running board broke when he leaned on it. The metal rusted from the inside. Updated 07/30/15

- Albany, NY, USA

Sep 012014

Ranger 4WD 6-cyl

I have a 2005 Ford Ranger extended cab. I was driving it and I noticed that my brakes felt really funny so I brought it to my mechanic and he told me that the brake lines were rotted out, but more importantly that the frame was rotted out. The body mounts are rotted out, the shackles are about to fall off. He also said that the frame rails in between the leaf springs are about to break in half, and if this happened to me while I was driving I could have killed someone or myself. I am very concerned about my safety and the safety of everybody else driving a Ford Ranger that is not aware if its issue. I am also now stuck with a truck that needs work done that will cost twice as much as it is worth.

- Stafford Springs, CT, USA

May 012014

Ranger

My husband T-boned a semi at 35 mph. The truck spun around and the rear of the truck also hit the semi. The airbags did not deploy. He incurred multiple injuries, some of which could have been minimized had airbags deployed. The truck was totaled. There was a direct hit -- I.e. front of truck hit side of semi and destroyed engine (and more), yet air bag did not deploy..

- Iola, WI, USA

Nov 252013

Ranger 6-cyl

Front portion of rack broke leaving the tire hanging below the truck. Ford dealer said the frame was rusted out and could not be fixed.

- Yorktown Hts, NY, USA

Jul 102013

Ranger

The contact owns a 2005 Ford Ranger. The contact stated that while having routine maintenance performed on the vehicle, the technician notified him that the frame was completely corroded. In addition, the technician stated that the corrosion was causing the brakes to fail. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure and current mileage was 56,000.

- Camp Hill, PA, USA

Aug 252005

Ranger

The contact owns a 2005 Ford Ranger. Upon inspection the contact noticed rust on the rear frame of the vehicle. The contact took the vehicle to the dealer and was informed that it was covered with rust but it was covered under a ten year rust warranty. The vehicle was not been repaired nor was the defect diagnosed. The rust on the vehicle continued to spread throughout the frame. The manufacturer was notified of the defect. The approximate failure mileage was 3000.

- Ellington , CT, USA