2005 Ford Ranger brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Ford Ranger:

2005 Ford Ranger Owner Comments

Oct 012014

Malfunction/failure of vehicle ABS unit. Failure occurred intermittently and then permanently in the fall/winter of 2014. Vehicle is 10 years old but had less than 30 thousand miles, and has been garaged for its entire operational life. It took several months for independent mechanic to be able to acquire new oem ABS unit, implying that many other vehicles are experiencing this unit failure. Narrowly avoided several accidents due to brakes locking up during emergency braking. Receipt for repair is attached.

- Albuquerque, NM, USA

Sep 012014

Ranger 4WD 6-cyl

I have a 2005 Ford Ranger extended cab. I was driving it and I noticed that my brakes felt really funny so I brought it to my mechanic and he told me that the brake lines were rotted out, but more importantly that the frame was rotted out. The body mounts are rotted out, the shackles are about to fall off. He also said that the frame rails in between the leaf springs are about to break in half, and if this happened to me while I was driving I could have killed someone or myself. I am very concerned about my safety and the safety of everybody else driving a Ford Ranger that is not aware if its issue. I am also now stuck with a truck that needs work done that will cost twice as much as it is worth.

- Stafford Springs, CT, USA

Aug 132013

When appling brakes, just before you come to a stop the brakes make a noise and the brake pedal sponges at the end of the stop, pulling to the right.

- Pittsburgh, PA, USA

Jul 102013

The contact owns a 2005 Ford Ranger. The contact stated that while having routine maintenance performed on the vehicle, the technician notified him that the frame was completely corroded. In addition, the technician stated that the corrosion was causing the brakes to fail. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure and current mileage was 56,000.

- Camp Hill, PA, USA

Feb 082006

Electric fuel inertia kill switch malfunction(over heating and causing eng> shutdown while driving!) extremely dangerous!!

- San Diego, CA, USA