2.9

2006 Ford Ranger body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Ford Ranger:

2006 Ford Ranger Owner Comments

Jun 202014

Ranger 6-cyl

While driving on the tch in newfoundland, I heard this unusual bang out of the rear of my Ford Ranger. I looked in the rear view mirror and seen something come from beneath the rear of my truck. I pulled over as did the vehicle traveling behind me. The spare tire assembly had rusted off which let the tire loose and fall off. The tire narrowly escaped the vehicle behind me. After closer inspection on the truck, the main frame had completely cracked off as did the spring hanger. I contacted Ford relations and there was nothing they could do. This is totally unsafe of Ford to ignore this problem with this Ford as it almost caused a family of 3 an accident. I have taken care of this truck and have had it under coated every too years. There is only 85000 kilometers on this truck and the frame is completely rusted out. My problems have been documented.

- Branch, CA, USA

Jan 092014

Ranger 6-cyl

Of the two rear cross members that support the gas tank one side has completely rotted two inches of metal away. The forward one is near failure the rear one completely failed one side.will put some sort web strap system so the tank don't fall out till we get warmer weather and remove the bed to inspect frame rail. A friend of mine had to replace the whole rear frame assembly. The rear spring shackles are near failure.

- Holden, ME, USA