2006 Ford Ranger seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Ford Ranger:

2006 Ford Ranger Owner Comments

Aug 032006

Ranger 4WD 4-cyl

I was driving my 2003 Ford Ranger XLT when I lost control and rolled the vehicle 4 - 5 times. I was wearing my seat belt/shoulder harness, but the airbags on neither side deployed, even thought the front end and cab was destroyed. The truck was considered a total loss and I am now faced with rehab for up to four weeks for sprains and tissue damage to my right shoulder.

- Mayville, WI, USA

Jun 132006

On June 13, 2006 approx. 3:00 pm my father was critically injured in a rollover accident just outside of moses lake Washington. My father still remains hosptalized after having to have an ear reattached, severe head lacerations, a broken eye socket, and broken breast bone, and having the skin torn off his left hand. The Washington state patrol says according to witnesses that his truck flipped 3-4 times causing total destruction of the truck. At no time during the rollover and destruction of the trucks frontend did the air bags deploy. This was a brand new 2006 Ford Ranger with less than 2,500 miles on it. If it was not for a passing nurse and emt the state patrol says my father would have likely died. I called both the dealer, and sent an email to the Ford Motor Company, both declined to comment. I am very disturbed that vehicles are being sold with such problems. Sincerely, patrick martin.

- Shoreline, WA, USA