2007 Ford Ranger seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Ford Ranger:

2007 Ford Ranger Owner Comments

Jul 182016

Ranger

Takata recall I got a recall notice in July of 2016. Since that time I have called 2 local dealers and Ford directly. None of the people I spoke with has any information available as to when this defect is to be repaired. Since this defect is from takata and involves the passenger side airbag, my wife is reluctant to ride with me in the passenger seat. All I get from these people is wait wait, wait. I am tired of waiting. Can you help me get this resolved.

- Perkasie, PA, USA

Jul 152016

Ranger

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2007 Ford Ranger. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V384000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was not available. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The VIN was unknown. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Cumberland, MD, USA

Jul 112016

Ranger

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2007 Ford Ranger. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V384000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. The VIN was not available.

- Spring Valley, CA, USA

Jul 152016

Ranger

I was notified in July 2016 of the airbag recall on my 2007 Ford Ranger. The Ford correspondence said I'd be contacted when parts became available. I waited. It's now November, 4 months later and no contact. I have tried to reach out to Ford but alas, their July letter has no contact information other than a owner.Ford.com/takata web page. I can't find anything on the web page about the recall. Plenty to buy another vehicle etc, but nothing about a recall. Indeed while I'm typing this, I'm waiting for someone to come to an on-line chat about this subject. It's been 20 minutes. I've been minimizing use of this vehicle as I often have my young son with me on outings but I do have to use it sometimes with him and am becoming ever more concerned that it's just a matter of time until there is a disaster and we become another statistic with these takata air bags. Help!!! what do I do" who do I contact"

- Rockville, MD, USA

Jun 012016

Ranger

Takata recall. Letter received in July... stating "serious injury or death" can occur. November contact with local dealer and Ford customer service= remedy not yet available. Unable to get any information as to what the plan is for having a remedy. I am concerned using this vehicle with this issue outstanding... death" they assured me that no Ford or Lincoln issues have occurred... ( so I can be first")

- Antioch, CA, USA

Jul 182016

Ranger

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2007 Ford Ranger. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V384000 (air bags); however, the part to do the recall repair was not available. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Chesterfield, VA, USA

May 312016

Ranger

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2007 Ford Ranger. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V384000 (air bags) however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Tifton, GA, USA

Aug 032016

Ranger

Takata recall so there is no remedy for this recall. Called a Ford dealership they said they dont know when one will become availabe. I asked them what Ford is doing for its customers seeing as the air bags if deployed could kill you or serious injury. Their simple response was wait on the remedy. But GM had a massive recall they supplied customers with either a rental car until the remedy became available or traded them out of the vehicles they were in. Really Ford nothing to protect yourselves or your "customers"!!!

- Covington, GA, USA

Jul 252016

Ranger

The contact owns a 2007 Ford Ranger. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V384000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repairs. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Shingle Spring, CA, USA

Jan 262015

Ranger 6-cyl

The contact owned a 2007 Ford Ranger. While driving approximately 40 mph, the contact crashed into the preceding vehicle. Both air bags failed to deploy. No injuries were sustained and a police report was filed. The vehicle was destroyed and towed to a body shop. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The approximate failure mileage was 33,000. Updated 6/22/15

- Derby, KS, USA

Jun 222008

Ranger

Rear ended a car not my fault at about 35 miles per hour air bag on my 2007 Ford Ranger failed to deploy this was injune 2008 truck only had 27000 miles on it! since air bag failed caught right arm and hand in steering wheel leaving it crippled! I sent my complaints to Ford Motor Company they totaled ignored all my calls and complaints!

- Dahlonega, GA, USA

Oct 132009

Ranger

I was involved in a front end crash and the airbags did not deploy.

- Cherryvale, KS, USA

Oct 072007

Ranger 6-cyl

Follow up report re:ODI 10205570 I took my other Ranger P/U to dealership to have airbag and wiring checked also I have rattle noise in left side rear wheel and plastic cover asy.changed dealership had my truck from 10-15-07 to 10-19-07 got truck back they said everything was fixed took truck on highway rattle sound still there wife contacted dealership to ask if part was ordered and or part was replaced service person stated no also looks like nothing was done to this truck!!! I am going to take my truck to another dealership. I don't trust the dealership I bought my two new Ford Ranger from.

- Northport, FL, USA

May 242007

Ranger 4WD 4-cyl

Crash: 3 weeks ago on I-24, eddyville, ky, involving one occupant, driver, no air bag deployment w/frontal impact with bridge, resulting in numerous rollovers, causing significant injury to driver and demolished the vehicle.

- Slayden, TN, USA