2008 Ford Ranger engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Ford Ranger:

2008 Ford Ranger Owner Comments

Jun 172015

The contact owns a 2008 Ford Ranger. While driving various speeds, the engine stalled and the entire instrument panel illuminated intermittently. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 49,000. MA 08/13/15

- Macksburg , OH, USA

Apr 122014

Ranger 6-cyl

Whilst driving with cruise control on I approached a large hill. I depressed the clutch to down shift & drive up the hill to drive up the hil in a lower gear and without cruise control on. When the clutch was depressed the throttle stuck down/the cruise control clutch disconnect switch failed causing a spike in engine RPM while in neutral. The RPM raced past 6500 before I managed to control it. This brief spike caused a probable blown headgasket and pressure in my coolant system blowing my coolant out of a stripped block heater venting my coolant overboard and causing an over temp situation. I managed to get it to a shop in slave lake and after $520 in repairs I managed to get the vehicle back home. Upon further inspection at my mechanics, he determined the head gaskets were not the failure point. Due to the remoteness of my town and a lack of cylinder head testing facilities, I opted to get a engine pulled from a similar Ranger put in to my Ranger. Now I have oxygen sensor issues I have replaced them once already and now I have the same check engine code. I have contacted Ford regarding this issue and they offered no help. Please note: I am a Canadian resident my town is actually fort smith nt postal code X0E 0P0. I have sent your department this complaint because Transport Canada here takes some time with these complaints due to lack of staff, and I am worried that someone will get hurt with this issue in the meantime. Thank you

- Fairbanks, AK, USA

Jun 022013

Monday 6/3/13 went to start car and nothing happened. You hear clicking in the fuse box on the passenger side and in the engine compartment. Put key to just before start or accessories and the lights come on and radio turns on but if you touch the breaks it all shorts out. Turn the key to start and it all shorts out and fuse area starts clicking. Drove the car Sunday night and it was fine. Never had an issue with anything on this truck until Monday morning when I went to go somewhere. Totally baffled on what's wrong. Only thing I know is it rained on Sunday night Monday am"????" its seems like the ground is shorting things out.

- Charlotte, NC, USA