2008 Ford Ranger seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Ford Ranger:

2008 Ford Ranger Owner Comments (Page 1 of 2)

Jan 132017

Ranger

Takata inflators I noticed my air bag light was periodically coming on and thought it was a possible bad connection somewhere. I just found out today that my truck has been on the recall list for over 6 months and was not notified by anyone including the dealership where I punched it new. What should I

- Newark, OH, USA

Jan 062017

Ranger

Takata recall - dealer said parts were not available at the current time to do the repairs. I found out about the recall when I tried to trade my car in for a new vehicle. Multiple dealerships told me that they would not sell the vehicle off of their lots because of the airbag recall. So now I have a car that is unsafe to drive ( multiple deaths reported due to airbag) and the value of the car has been greatly reduced. I have a family member that wanted to buy the truck and I could not sell the car to him or anyone else knowing that the car is unsafe.

- Clovis, CA, USA

Jul 192016

Ranger

Takata recall, NHTSA # 16V-384, Ford recall # 16S26 received letter from Ford on 19 July 2016 notifying of recall for passenger air bag. As of today, 6 January 2017, dealer still waiting for parts. Why is this taking so long?

- Wichita Falls, TX, USA

Jul 112016

Ranger

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2008 Ford Ranger. The contact received a recall notice for NHTSA campaign number: 16V384000 (air bags). The contact stated that the parts needed for the recall remedy were still not available. The manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Cleveland, TN, USA

Jul 112006

Ranger

Takata recall= I was alerted via letter N July 2006 to an airbag hazard within my vehicle. The letter basically stated that airbag malfunction in my vehicle may cause injury or death to me or my passengers. Reading info from Ford's website it is stated that vehicles with the highest risk of airbag malfunction are those in areas of high humidity and high heat cycling. I live in new orleans, Louisiana. I think it is safe to say I live in one of those high risk areas. Now" I only own one vehicle so, I have no other choice but to drive this one regardless of peril. Also Ford has stated to me that the ntsa has said that it is safe to drive my vehicle currently. That does not seem altogether right. If I should get injured or die the blame would lie partially with the ntsa. Is Ford speaking for the ntsa" I just wanna know so I can sue you too if something happens.

- New Orleans, LA, USA

Jun 212016

Ranger

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2008 Ford Ranger. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V384000 (air bags). However, the part to do the repair was not available. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Irvington, VA, USA

Ranger

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2008 Ford Ranger. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V384000 (air bags). However, the part to do the recall repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Texarkana, TX, USA

Jul 252016

Ranger

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2008 Ford Ranger. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V384000 (air bags) however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. The VIN was not available. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Marion, KY, USA

Jul 162016

Ranger

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2008 Ford Ranger. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V384000 (air bags). The part needed for the repair was not available. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Boise, ID, USA

Jul 182016

Ranger

Takata recall notified of recall in July, 2016. Now December 2016, truck reduced to status of covered motorcycle, no passengers allowed because of defective airbag. Should allow waiver for disabling passenger airbag, so at least could carry passengers using seat belt. Ford should lone replacement vehicle until parts accumulated.

- Boise, ID, USA

Ranger

The contact owns a 2008 Ford Ranger. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V384000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Parrottsville, TN, USA

Jul 182016

Ranger

"takata recall" safety recall notice 16S26/NHTSA recall 16V-384. I have called Ford dealership twice only to be told the part is not available. I will be notified when the part is made available. The notice is dated July 2016.

- Wingate, NC, USA

Nov 022016

Ranger

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2008 Ford Ranger. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V384000 (air bags) and stated that the part needed for the repair was not available. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Humble, TX, USA

Nov 022016

Ranger

Takata recall. I received a recall notice from Ford in July 2016. It is now November and they still don't know when a replacement is available. They have offered no substitution. In the meantime I can have no one ride in my passenger seat. 2008 Ford Ranger 1ftyr14U08pa85209.my email is my6560net@gmail.com

- Laguna Hills, CA, USA

Jun 012016

Ranger

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2008 Ford Ranger. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V384000 (air bags). The part to do the repair was not available. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Raleigh, NC, USA

Oct 262016

Ranger

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2008 Ford Ranger. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign numbers: 15V319000 (air bags) and 16V384000 (air bags). The parts to do the repairs were unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repairs. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Kingwood, WV, USA

Ranger

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2008 Ford Ranger. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V384000 (air bags) however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Tounding Mill, VA, USA

Jul 282016

Ranger

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2008 Ford Ranger. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V384000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Chesapeake, VA, USA

Jul 232016

Ranger

(takata recall) I got a recall letter from Ford Motor Company dated July 2016. The recall was for the passenger side air bag on my 2008 Ford Ranger. I took the truck into my dealer, metro Ford, independence, mo., within a few days of receiving the recall letter. The service manager told me the parts would be available the 4th quarter of this year, sometime in Oct. 2016. I called the dealer today, 10/7/16, to see if I could bring my truck in for the airbag repair, & the service manager now tells me the part may not be available until after the first of the year 2017. I am very concerned about the slowness of this repair as I must use my truck regularly to haul materials, & am very concerned about my passenger's safety. Is there a time frame within which the company is supposed to have this recall repair done" is this vehicle safe to use as I have no other means of hauling materials"

- Independence, MO, USA

Sep 012016

Ranger

I was told by the dealership that it was best if I park my vehicle and not drive it until the part is available. I am unable to do this because of my job. I contacted Ford directly and they blew me off. When will this be fixed? 10 people have already died because of this.

- San Marcos, CA, USA