1995 Ford Taurus electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1995 Ford Taurus:

1995 Ford Taurus Owner Comments

Jun 182007

Taurus LX 3.3L

The Car won't shut off. The ignition switch has to be replaced.

The whole steering column has to come apart. It may not be worth it. The car is destined for the junk yard.

- , Piscataway, NJ, USA

Feb 132007

Taurus ES V6

So far I know of 5 Ford Taurus' that are having these same issues. Why isn't there a recall? I loved these cars up to this point, which is why I have two of them. Now, for them both to go down at the same time? This is more than I can take. Ford should be held liable.

- , Dallas, PA, USA

Apr 162005

I'm having the same problem

- , Las Vegas, NV, USA

May 102004

Taurus GL

When I turn the keys to the off position, the car will not shut off. I can take the keys out and the car will still drive and idle just fine. I have to pop the hood and pull the ignition fuse and disconnect the battery to shut the car off. It's an automatic so I can't just stall it out. Anyone have any idea what could be wrong???

- , St. Petersburg, FL, USA