6.0

2. pull up on the gear selector lever while starting (1 reports)
1996 Ford Taurus accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1996 Ford Taurus:

1996 Ford Taurus Owner Comments

Dec 092008

Taurus G 3.0L V6

Well if you turn the key and nothing happens (And I mean nothing, not even a click) pull up on the Gear Selector Lever and while pulling it should start.

- , Arvada, CO, USA

Jul 172008

Taurus

I have a loose gear selector and when I try to put it in park I don't think it catches. This makes it so that many times when I try to start my car nothing happens. I'm not sure how to fix the problem or if I have to take it in.

- , Cleveland, OH, USA