4.0

1996 Ford Taurus engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1996 Ford Taurus:

1996 Ford Taurus Owner Comments

Sep 181998

Taurus LX 3.0L

If I cruise 70-75 mph, I add 1-quart every 2-3 tanks. If I cruise 65-70, I add 1-quart every 4 tanks or so. I really like the car & have had very few problems.

- , Ventura, CA, USA

Nov 272006

Taurus LX V6 DOHC

I have to add about 1/2 to 1 quart of oil every other week. I drive the car no more than 3 times a week if not at all. Car does not knock or anything and i've not seen any oil spots under the car at all.

- , Keystone, IA, USA