9.3

$1,695.00

2. put in a rebuilt transmission (1 reports)
1996 Ford Taurus transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1996 Ford Taurus:

1996 Ford Taurus Owner Comments

Oct 242009

Taurus LX 3.0L V6

sh*t. every time I would go to pull away from a stop light the car would act like it was still in neutral, so I would have to put it in neutral or park and put it back into drive. I took it to the auto parts store and they said it was a clutch control valve? they said it was a recall, but I cant find any recalls on the damn thing. does anyone else have this problem? I need a resolution....

- , Aurora, IL, USA

Mar 202007

Taurus GL

Stupid car has had so many issues, This transmission being the worst. It happened with no bang or anything, i was simply backing out of the driveway and when i tried to shift into forward /drive.... it simply did not go it was in neutral and we had to push this stupid piece of crap back into driveway by hand. Got it fixed w/ rebuilt transmission. So far the tranny is fine but everything else bad has happened b4 and since then to this piece of junk.

- , Cleveland, OH, USA

Jul 092003

Taurus Wagon LE

transmission won't drive, stays in neutral, cable is not broken. I don't know what is wrong and hope someone can help me with this problem

- , Toronto, Ontario, Canada