1. replace it (2 reports)
1997 Ford Taurus cooling system problems

cooling system problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1997 Ford Taurus:

1997 Ford Taurus Owner Comments

Jun 242009

Taurus GL 3.0L V6

One of the many problems I have had with this car, this one was quite annoying. And when the car died on me for being out of coolant, it locked up while on the highway. I haven't been able to get it fixed yet, so I carry around water in an effort to keep it full. But I leave a stream wherever I park.

- , Nicholls, GA, USA

Nov 032005

Taurus GL

because it had cracked on the bottom, no one even knew that it was cracked so three different time I had to replace cracked heads because all of the coolent was running out. The third time the guy got a clue and took it off and looked at it, sure enough, he found a crack about an inch and a half long across the bottom

- , Paragould, AR, USA