8.0

1997 Ford Taurus electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1997 Ford Taurus:

1997 Ford Taurus Owner Comments

Nov 032008

Taurus IDK 3.5L

alright the passenger side floor light will never turn off it always say my doors are open when i know for a fact there not sometimes it will go off but other wise its always on and its really a pain in the ass at night and its gotta be wearing at my battery as i got the car in November 2008 and its now may 2009 what can i do

- , Scotch Plains, NJ, USA

Apr 102007

Taurus GL

I am having a problem with my dome light staying on or coming on while I am driving. This doesn't happen all the time but seems to malfunction in spurts. I will be driving down the road and the dome light will come on. All the doors are closed and locked so I try to adjust the dimmer switch and turn off the dome light but the floor lights are still on. This really messes me up when I am driving at night. I took it to my mechanic and he had to unhook the battery because the light wouldn't turn off. When he hooked the battery back up the dome light worked like a charm so I never could get it fixed.

- , Pandora, OH, USA