- April 11: Ford Recalls 435,000 Escapes For Rusted Subframes
- March 4: Ford Agrees to Fix 1,600,000 Cars That 'Limp Home'
- February 8: Ford Wants Class-Action Lawsuit Thrown Out
- February 6: Congrats Chrysler! Most Recalls of 2013
- February 5: Investigation Closed Into Steering Gear Problems in Ford Trucks
1997 Ford Taurus
Worst 1997 Taurus engine Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- cracked heads6
- check engine light is on3
- jerks when accelerating2
- accelerator sticks1
- occassional smoke from exhaust1
- secondary drive sprocket on camshaft fails1
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling: Engine48
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling: Engine: Gasoline44
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control43
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling16
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling: Engine: Gasoline: ...6
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control: Accelerator Pedal6
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control: Linkages5
- NHTSA: Engine2
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control: Cruise Control2
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control: Cables1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Ford Taurus Model Years
Curious how the 1997 Taurus compares to other years?
Check out our Ford Taurus overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Taurus.