9.0

1997 Ford Taurus transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1997 Ford Taurus:

1997 Ford Taurus Owner Comments

Aug 302013

Taurus GL

I Bought the Taurus used 3 years ago and it did awesome until it started jerking really bad into gear, I never knew why but as it got worse I was guessing it was the transmission. I had a few problems with the transmission not working, then it went out about 6 months into the problems. Its time for a new car!

my drums went out and the average fixing price is 1500

- , Evansville, IN, USA

Nov 032008

Taurus IDK 3.5L

ok i got my 97 ford Taurus from my grandfather for my 17th birthday so i cant complain at all the only thing is i keep having a problem with the car jerking when it goes up a hill or sometimes even on a flat surface every once in a wile the car will make a loud clicking sound from the front left corner then jerk and accelerate im not sure what the problem is but i must say this car does take me where ever i have to go. but what do u guys think the problem is.

- , Scotch Plains, NJ, USA