1. rebuild transmission (12 reports)
  3. replaced with junkyard tranny (1 reports)
1997 Ford Taurus transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1997 Ford Taurus:

1997 Ford Taurus Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Dec 282005

Taurus GL

Ive had this car since it was brand new and i have a whole list of problems but the worst and most expensive of them all is the transmisson. I had to replace the torque convertor clutch solenoid after that popped up a code and fired the service light. The transmission suggested it be rebuilt so i paid and i have been taking it back for the past month because its either leaking coolant, tranny fluid, oil. this car is a complete joke and i wouldnt consider ever buying another.

- , Middletown, MD, USA

Nov 032005

Taurus GL

my five year old daughter were about 3 hours away from home and out of no where I smelt burnt tranny fluid, I looked in my rear view mirror and white smoke was pouring out. I pullled over to a gas station and lost every bit of fluid out. Whats so bad is no one can figure out where it's leaking from!!!!!

- , Paragould, AR, USA

Apr 152004

Taurus GL

I bought this car (my first car) in June of 2003 and I started to have problems in September of 2003, first my transmission fluid started to leak and so I fixed that and then I went to back out of my drive way one day it would go, the transmission was shot. I am a college student and so I have not been able to replace it. I feel it was not right or safe for the dealership to sell such a faulty car.

- , Lebanon, OR, USA

Aug 032003

Taurus LE

service engine soon light came on, had to rebuild the transmission. this is the latest in a long list of problems i have had with this car. i finally bought a new one. i had had it.

- , Edison, NJ, USA