7.0

1998 Ford Taurus AC / heater problems

AC / heater problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1998 Ford Taurus:

1998 Ford Taurus Owner Comments

Feb 022010

Taurus SE 3.0L

Who the hell designed the heating system in this bitch? Whoever it is I hope your old lady has a yard full of them and has to freeze her ASS off in the winter time just like i do or used to, now i drive around with a propane heater just to stay warm and my windshield froze all to hell. Been pulled over so many times for DWCM~~ Driving While Carbon Monoxe-ized~~they've Ox'd my liscense. This problem is such a pain in the ass to fix that not many no about it. But guess what? There are some of us who do,so move over you so called "MECHANICS" hang up your tools and quit lying to these people about "Thermostats, Heater Cores, Cracked Head Gaskets,Radiator needs flushing,Heater Hoses, Coil Paks, Faulty Water pumps and so on.... we are tired of fixing this sh*t again.....and again...........and again................and again.........................and again___________FES UP You don't f*cking NO !!!!

- , CONOVER, NC, USA

Aug 052009

Taurus

I have had two car service companies and a personal friend and mechanic look at it. The two companies each spent hours looking for the problem and trying different things but to no avail. My friend (a mechanic) also found nothing, but said he had an idea. The 1998 Ford Taurus apparently has a bypass that, when the air line is clogged, bypasses the heater core and goes straight to the cab. He said flushing the heater core and clamping the bypass might do it. The heater core has been flushed multiple times recently trying to fix this problem and it has done nothing. Maybe clamping the bypass might.. we'll see...

- , Battle Creek, MI, USA