9.0

1998 Ford Taurus electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1998 Ford Taurus:

1998 Ford Taurus Owner Comments

Jul 062010

Taurus 3.2L V6

This car is an electrical nightmare. The dome light has stayed on, the door alarm open, the highlights have stayed on and we had to pull the fuse, the battery goes dead, just a complete nightmare. Don't buy older Taurus cause the tranny goes and it is a nightmare car.

- , Alma, WI, USA

Apr 012008

Taurus

My car battery was being drained by electrical wiring problems. At one point, my locks were constantly trying to unlock (no doubt due to an electrical problem) non-stop. I got my battery recharged after it died but a week later it was totally dead again. I took my car to an auto-repair shop and they said I need a new modulator, which ive never heard of. They said it controls frequencies within the car and is necessary to fix. Overall repairs are over 500 dollars. I need to know if this is truly the solution and if the modulator really costs 215 dollars.

Anyone who might know anything about this please respond.

I need some help.