8.7

1. replace signal switch (2 reports)
1998 Ford Taurus lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1998 Ford Taurus:

1998 Ford Taurus Owner Comments

Aug 172012

Taurus SE 3.0L

I had no Rear/Right Turn/Hazard light. After changing the bulb, the fuse, the socket and the flasher I discovered through other sites that this car has issues with the multi directional switch. I ordered it off of the internet for about $50, where the local parts stores wanted over $150 for it. Took apart the steering column, replaced the switch and also re-attached the wire that goes around the iginition cylinder with some hot glue that cause the car to ding like the key is in the ignition all the time. Once I received the part it took me about 15 minutes, minus the time I spent cleaning up the rubber boot around the shifter.

- , Minooka, IL, USA

Sep 272007

Taurus SE WGN V6

Well i repaced the flasher fuse and that wasn't it so i took it to ford!!

- , Kewanna, IN, USA

Mar 152007

Taurus 3.0 V4

The turn signals and the four way flashers do not work. I tried a different flasher, but there are still no results. I tried a fuse and it was good, so I stumped as to what to do next.

- , Dickinson, ND, USA