1999 Ford Taurus AC / heater problems

AC / heater problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1999 Ford Taurus:

1999 Ford Taurus Owner Comments

Dec 152006

Taurus LX V6

A few weeks ago, my AC and heater only started working on high. I investigated online and found that it is most likely the blower motor resistor. I opened the dashboard to investigate and found an unacceptable level of corrosion everywhere. Now, I am finding that MANY Taurus owners are reporting problems with the seal. I am pissed beyond belief because I have had several electrical problems in the past and had Ford repair under warranty. Now that it is out of warranty, I am finding that it has likely leaked all this time and they should have found the leak and fixed it then. Now, it is my problem and I have to deal with it. Thanks Ford. I believe it is the blower motor resistor this time.

- , Mt Pleasant, SC, USA