2. replace water pump (1 reports)
1999 Ford Taurus cooling system problems

cooling system problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1999 Ford Taurus:

1999 Ford Taurus Owner Comments

Jan 012008

Taurus SE 3.0L V6

bought car Feb. 2008 from my sister. my sister had a transmission replaces, water pump, and some work to reroute hoses because she had no heat,

when i took the car over, the water was leaking from the reservoir, and there was a massive amount of gunky mud /clay like substance in the reservoir.

my son in law flushed the radiator, put new water pump on and replaced the puke tank, still having the same problem????????????????????

- , Flemingsburg, KY, USA

Mar 132007

Taurus SE V6

My father previously owned the car and told me he had to replace the water pump before he gave me the car. I have had it one year and have had to replace the water pump. I have had 6 water leaks ( all in the metal coolant hoses and the reservoir). The antifreeze is supposed to be green, but in my car it turns orange due to the rust from the metal hoses. I finally replaced all metal hoses with regular hoses, replaced the reservoir, and flushed the system and so far it has helped. Not sure if it will solve the water pump problem.

- , Lexington, NC, USA