2. a/c compressor bypass pulley (1 reports)
  3. replace ac compressor (1 reports)
2000 Ford Taurus AC / heater problems

AC / heater problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2000 Ford Taurus:

2000 Ford Taurus Owner Comments

Dec 112013

Taurus SE 3.0L

I PURCHASE THIS 2000 FORD Taurus in 2003, it's a good car. Only problem is the heat, which I started having problems in 2012. I had a mechanic put a new heater coil in my car, so I know its not that,also, had a thermostat installed and anti freeze. All this was done in Dec.2012 for $312.00.

The blower is blowing but not coming through the vents I can hear it ,I don't know what else to do to repair this.Please help;

- , Fair Bluff, NC, USA

Nov 052009

Taurus LX 3L V6

i have the same problem as Jim N.,I understand the 'blend door' may be the culprit, it starts off warm then blows cold! hope its not expensive to fix!

- , St Louis, MO, USA

Oct 012009

Taurus FFV 3.0L Vulcan

My 2000 Ford Taurus FFV was started making a rattle sound under the hood, that got progressively worse. It turned out to be the A/C clutch. .Clutches are very expensive, so I first replace it with a $40 bypass pulley and took out the A/C compressor. No the bypass pulley sound like a coffee grinder; I wondered about it when I had it place in, because it looked made out of cheap plastic. So now I'm replacing the bypass pulley with a remanufactured A/C I picked up on eBy.

- , Nashville, TN, USA

Jun 182008

Taurus SE Duratec 3.0L

worst car in the world I only use the car because I got it as a gift.

my parents went on a trip to Ohio and the ac stopped working.

next day my mom goes to work and The car is making a grinding noise,like rocks pushed together.I put 2 and 2 together by figuring that the ac stopped working and where the noise is coming from and I figured out that I can just get a custom made compressor bypass pulley instead of a new compressor cause i can live without ac,well I bought a 50 dollar pulley and 240 dollars worth of labor later i have a running car and no ac

- , Durham, NC, USA

Feb 012007

Taurus LX 3.0L

The heater only works when it wants to. I live in the mountains where it is cold and have

- , Arvada, CO, USA

Aug 082006

Taurus LE

ok everything started when my battery went dead.. I replaced it but the AC did not work I press AC and it seems that the heather is on!!! where I live is 120-130.. it's like hell and with no AC what can I tell!! PLEASE HELP.. I know there's a code to make the AC work.. but I lost the owner's manual!

- , Lukeville, AZ, USA