8.0

2000 Ford Taurus AC / heater problems

AC / heater problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2000 Ford Taurus:

2000 Ford Taurus Owner Comments

Oct 072006

Taurus SE

I've had the oil pan replaced and the system has been checked for any possible leaks. I still continue to smell a nasty burnt oil smell when I have the heat on and am not moving. When the car gets going the smell disappears. So far I have only been able to mask the problem by buying a car air freshener and turning on the air recirculation, as it does not smell if its recirculating. I've been told Ford knows about this problem and is doing NOTHING to fix it. What a great American car company huh?

- , Waterloo, IA, USA