7.0

2. replaced failed vapor management valve (1 reports)
2000 Ford Taurus engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2000 Ford Taurus:

2000 Ford Taurus Owner Comments

Oct 032014

Taurus SE V6

Every time I stop at the gas station to put gas in (fuel gauge not working), the stupid check engine light comes on. At first I thought gas cap not on right, so unhook negative cable from the battery and the light goes off til I stop and put more gas in. So today (10-23-14), I go to Autozone to have them read it and the code is P1237. When the stupid moron behind the counter there read off fuel pump driver module I had to ask him if he was just born because 5 minutes earlier he told me that there was no fuel pump driver module.

Did some research on the internet and Ford had a recall TSB 00E10, but when I put my Vin in Ford's recall it gives me nothing.

- , Saint Joseph, MO, USA

Aug 262008

Taurus SES 3.0L 24V DOHC

I had the car in the shop a month before as I was having poor fuel economy problems and had placed fuel injection cleaner in the cars fuel, which caused the check engine light to come on. In July, the gas cap was found to be cracked and I replaced it. Also in July, the Canister Vent Solenoid was found not be be closing and was replaced. A month later the check engine light was back on and I returned the car to the shop. There it was found that the vapor management valve had failed. After the repairs, which added up to $600 the car gets good fuel mileage, but to get that fuel mileage I had to put a good amount in the car. Was surprised this went wrong before the car hit 100,000 miles.

- , Champaign, IL, USA