2000 Ford Taurus engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2000 Ford Taurus:

2000 Ford Taurus Owner Comments

Dec 052013

Taurus SES 3.0L Vulcan V6

Having owned this car for a number of years now, I've become rather frustrated with it lately. For the last few winters, whenever the temperature drops below 40 degrees, the car absolutely refuses to start! If I don't stomp on the gas to keep it alive; it dies and refuses to start for the rest of the day. I literally have to wait 24 hours to try and start it again. And when it does start, it sputters itself to life as if it were a carburetor engine. It's absolutely ridiculous!

I've been trying to get it fixed, since I now have enough time; but I can't get it started to drive it over to the repair shop. If I don't manage to get it started on the first crank, it's out of for the rest of the day. This is becoming extremely annoying, as the car simply takes up space in my driveway. I will be waiting for a warmer day, so that I can finally get it started and get it fixed!

- , Royal City, WA, USA

Nov 202013

Taurus LES 3.0L

No comment, just want to know what to fix? Very hard to start , have moved trans indicator to the neutral position, this has worked twice. Some times after cracking several times, if I let it sit it may start.

- , Philadelphia, PA, USA