8.0

2000 Ford Taurus engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2000 Ford Taurus:

2000 Ford Taurus Owner Comments

Oct 302006

Taurus SES

What is up with the fuel injectors in the 2000 Ford Taurus? I have had to replace two of them over the last two years totaling almost $700.00. I have been told that it is due to the reformulated gas sold in Milwaukee Wisconsin, but I have a hard time believing that. I have checked with other car dealerships in the area (Chevy, Honda, and Pontiac), and they seem to not notice a correlation. Can someone shed light on this topic? Is it Ford's injectors? Is it the gas? Can I do anything to prevent another injector from going?

- , Greenfield, WI, USA