2000 Ford Taurus transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2000 Ford Taurus:

2000 Ford Taurus Owner Comments

Jul 122011

Taurus ES V6

The car was purchased at a used car lot a few months ago. I noticed that when I make slow turns or accelerate from a stop position, the whole car would jerk. Sometimes it would take a full two seconds just to shift and move forward. I had it checked out but I was always told that air was getting in through the fuel door. Once I fixed that, it seems that the problem just got worse. The problem became so frequent that I automatically knew when it would jerk and how much acceleration I needed to give in order for the car to function semi-normally.

- , Fresno, CA, USA

Jan 132010

Taurus FFV V6

This complaint is about the transmission, I think. It stalls, jerks, has problems accelerating, and man o man has it lost power. Ridiculous. If I try and mash the gas a little more to 'force' it to accelerate, it makes this 'grrrrrrrrrrrrr' sound and the the gear gauge shoots up but I'm not going anywhere! I don't know, like it's just eating gas. The dealer told me they were going to change the 'coil pack,' and change the 'DPFE sensor and lines, whatever those are. I don't really know anything about fixing cars. I haven't let them do that, that's just what they reported on the diagnostic/estimate. I decided to comb the internet for answers before spending anymore money. Know what I mean? Sigh. Help, if possible. Thanks all.

- , Cordova, TN, USA

Sep 012009

Taurus SES 3.0L

when i start car after it sitting for awhile

i start the car put car in drive the car jumps forward

does not do it all the time

just enough for me to be scared to put the car in drive. i do keep my foot HARD on the brake peddle whenever i put car in gear

it will jump hard enough that twice i almost hit another car...

has anyone else had this problem???

- , Kansas City, KS, USA