2. replace transmission (1 reports)
2000 Ford Taurus transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2000 Ford Taurus:

2000 Ford Taurus Owner Comments

Jan 012010

Taurus LX

This is the 3rd transmission I have put into my car in 80,000 miles. They tell me it is just bad luck. I am disgusted with Ford and would not take another one if they offered it to me free. They dont want to help and continue to rack up the price. This time I am taking it to AAMCO and they are not cheap either. Was always over the 12 month 24 thousand mile warranty. What the hell. Can someone please help. I cant afford a new car and am tired of fixing this one. It is at the shop right now and I am ready to tell them to just keep the damn thing!

- , Kansas City, KS, USA

Feb 072007

Taurus SE 24V

Intermittently, my Taurus has had issues with the transmission. Recently, perhaps due to the cold weather, when I start it in the morning, it will not be able to shift from first to second gear. Forward first and reverse work properly, but it will not up shift. This all occurs when the speedometer is not functioning. As soon as the speedometer begins to function, the transmission will shift normally (once the car warms up to operating temperature).

- , Milwaukee, WI, USA