2001 Ford Taurus electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Ford Taurus:

2001 Ford Taurus Owner Comments

Oct 092006

Taurus SE V6

I bought the car in August 2006 from a used lot. The car only had 33,000 miles then. About 2 months after purchase I was having trouble starting the car. Mechanic said it was my battery, so I replaced it. This did not fix the problem. Next, I had to replace the alternator. Next, some kind of sensor. Now its been 2 years and I've had to buy another new battery and alternator. The radio and clock short out all the time. Also the oil light flickers when I put on the brake. I've taken the car to several mechanics and no one can figure out what's wrong. I've sunk at least $1,500 into this car and the problem has not been fixed.

- , Flatwoods, KY, USA