- April 13: Ford Ordered to Pay $3 Million in Crash of 2001 Ford Ranger
- April 7: Government Petitioned To Investigate Ford SUV Recall
- April 5: Do Ford Crown Victoria and Mercury Grand Marquis Headlights Fail?
- March 29: Ford Freestyle Engine Surge Lawsuit Not Dead Yet
- March 25: Ford Recalls 221,000 Vehicles in Three Recalls
2001 Ford Taurus
Worst 2001 Taurus engine Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- chirping sound from engine11
- car chugs at a stop2
- engine bearing spun2
- p0401 code,bad erg valve2
- serpentine belt breaks2
- sudden accelaration2
- engine light in1
- excessive oil consumption1
- High idle causes it to surge forward1
- rpms are too high1
- valve cover gasket failure1
- won't start when warm1
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control26
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling14
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control: Accelerator Pedal13
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling: Engine11
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling: Engine: Gasoline9
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling: Engine: Gasoline: ...5
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control: Linkages3
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control: Cruise Control2
Stay Up to Date
Compare Ford Taurus Model Years
Curious how the 2001 Taurus compares to other years?
Check out our Ford Taurus overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Taurus.