2001 Ford Taurus engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Ford Taurus:

2001 Ford Taurus Owner Comments

May 182009

Taurus LX 6 Cyl

Just another problem again............making noises in the engine compartment to take in for something else and this came up, the bill for all the repairs that day was worth more than the car is on the open market

- , Milford, MI, USA

Nov 262008

Taurus SE 3.0L V6

After having the broken serpentine belt replaced just the day before, I was on my way home from work- the day before Thanksgiving. Made a short stop and when I started my car, and put the car in reverse to back out of the parking spot, there was a klunk, my dashboard battery light came on, and power steering was gone again. Another serpentine snapped on my car - 2 days in a row. It was poring down rain, the pay phone I found didn't work, just took my money. Had to wait forever for a tow truck to tow me home. Now, what do I do? Something other than a broken serpentine belt .....what would make it all of a sudden snap twice?

- , La Mesa, CA, USA