- August 28: Ford Explorer Exhaust Lawsuit Settled by Parties news | 2 days ago
- August 25: Ford Recalls 113,000 Vehicles in 2 Recalls recalls | 5 days ago
- August 7: France Finds Emissions Problems in 86 Vehicle Models news | 23 days ago
- August 4: Ford Recalls 830,000 Vehicles to Keep the Doors Closed When Driving recalls | 26 days ago
- July 8: Ford Explorer Exhaust Smells Investigated investigations | 53 days ago
A/C Blower Fills Up With Water And Shuts Off
CarComplaints.com Notes: Most people need a car where the coil springs don't puncture or shred tires while driving. The Taurus fails in that respect.
The 1999-2003 Ford Taurus has a huge problem with coil springs breaking, which can puncture or even shred tires while driving.
The US government spent THREE YEARS (2008-2011) investigating the 2002-2003 Taurus coil springs. Although Taurus/Sable from earlier years were recalled, ultimately the NHTSA did not force a recall. They determined that because there had been no deaths & very few bad crashes & injuries, the broken coil springs defect was no big deal & not a safety defect. Tell that to all the owners who had close calls...
- Typical Repair Cost:
- No data
- Average Mileage:
- 65,000 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 1 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (1 reports)
AC / heater problem