- July 23: Ford Transit Driveshaft Flexible Coupling Lawsuit Filed news | 3 days ago
- July 20: Ford Expands Chrome Door Handle Cover Recall recalls | 6 days ago
- July 16: Ford Recalls Edge, Fusion and Lincoln MKZ Over Torque Converters recalls | 10 days ago
- June 29: Ford Recalls Escape and Police Interceptors recalls | 27 days ago
- June 28: Ford Recalls 402,000 Transit Vans For Driveshaft Problems recalls | 28 days ago
Heater Blows Luke Warm Air And Does Not Defrost Windows
CarComplaints.com Notes: Most people need a car where the coil springs don't puncture or shred tires while driving. The Taurus fails in that respect.
The 1999-2003 Ford Taurus has a huge problem with coil springs breaking, which can puncture or even shred tires while driving.
The US government spent THREE YEARS (2008-2011) investigating the 2002-2003 Taurus coil springs. Although Taurus/Sable from earlier years were recalled, ultimately the NHTSA did not force a recall. They determined that because there had been no deaths & very few bad crashes & injuries, the broken coil springs defect was no big deal & not a safety defect. Tell that to all the owners who had close calls...
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 110,266 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 2 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (1 reports)
- replace heater core (1 reports)
AC / heater problem