- June 29: Ford Recalls 8,500 Cars, Trucks, Vans and SUVs recalls | 2 days ago
- June 7: Sports Car Crash-Test Ratings All Over the Place news | 24 days ago
- June 1: Ford Recalls 1.9 Million Vehicles to Replace Takata Airbags recalls | 30 days ago
- May 25: Ford Recalls 271,000 F-150 Trucks For Leaking Master Cylinders recalls | 37 days ago
- May 17: Ford Spark Plugs Breaking? Ford Settles Class-Action Lawsuit news | 45 days ago
Dash Lights Do Not Work
CarComplaints.com Notes: Most people need a car where the coil springs don't puncture or shred tires while driving. The Taurus fails in that respect.
The 1999-2003 Ford Taurus has a huge problem with coil springs breaking, which can puncture or even shred tires while driving.
The US government spent THREE YEARS (2008-2011) investigating the 2002-2003 Taurus coil springs. Although Taurus/Sable from earlier years were recalled, ultimately the NHTSA did not force a recall. They determined that because there had been no deaths & very few bad crashes & injuries, the broken coil springs defect was no big deal & not a safety defect. Tell that to all the owners who had close calls...
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 110,954 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 7 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (6 reports)
- mechanic cleaned where circut board for dash plugs in (1 reports)
accessories - interior problem