CarComplaints.com Notes: Most people need a car where the coil springs don't puncture or shred tires while driving. The Taurus fails in that respect.

The 1999-2003 Ford Taurus has a huge problem with coil springs breaking, which can puncture or even shred tires while driving.

The US government spent THREE YEARS (2008-2011) investigating the 2002-2003 Taurus coil springs. Although Taurus/Sable from earlier years were recalled, ultimately the NHTSA did not force a recall. They determined that because there had been no deaths & very few bad crashes & injuries, the broken coil springs defect was no big deal & not a safety defect. Tell that to all the owners who had close calls...

6.7

2002 Ford Taurus accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Ford Taurus:

2002 Ford Taurus Owner Comments

Oct 272007

Taurus V6

for quite a long time now the door ajar light has been on. This means the doors won't lock. And sometimes when i park the interior light will not shut off unless i drive it around the block again or let it go and sometimes it will stay on 20-30 minutes.This is very annoying!!

- , La Fontaine, IN, USA

Aug 232008

Taurus SE 3.0L

THIS DAM CAR HAS BEEN GIVING ME PROBLEMS SINCE THE FIRST YEAR I HAD IT, I WISH SOMEBODY COULD HELP ME WITH THESE PROBLEMS, IT SEEMS LIKE ONE THANG BREAKS AFTER THE OTHER. I JUST CANT WIN WITH THIS CAR.

- , Casselberry, FL, USA

Apr 252009

Taurus LS 3.2L V6

Ford is definitely a 4 letter word in my house. I will never own another one of these poorly put together automobiles again. I would be tempted to buy a foreign automobile before I bought another Ford. You know why Ford's first car was called a model-T? Because they so severely screwed up Models A-S!

- , Rogers, AR, USA