CarComplaints.com Notes: Most people need a car where the coil springs don't puncture or shred tires while driving. The Taurus fails in that respect.

The 1999-2003 Ford Taurus has a huge problem with coil springs breaking, which can puncture or even shred tires while driving.

The US government spent THREE YEARS (2008-2011) investigating the 2002-2003 Taurus coil springs. Although Taurus/Sable from earlier years were recalled, ultimately the NHTSA did not force a recall. They determined that because there had been no deaths & very few bad crashes & injuries, the broken coil springs defect was no big deal & not a safety defect. Tell that to all the owners who had close calls...

6.0

1. added brake fluid (1 reports)
2002 Ford Taurus brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Ford Taurus:

2002 Ford Taurus Owner Comments

Dec 062011

Taurus SES 3.0L V6 Flex Fuel

My car was in for service at Feduke Ford on 12/05/11. As part of service, fluids are checked and topped off. Next day, my brake warning light came on. I checked the brake fluid level and found it low. Upon looking at my service billing, fluids were checked and topped off. Guess they missed this? ( I had discussed previous repeated loose oil filter problem during this visit)

- , Friendsville, PA, USA