- May 16: Ford Antifreeze Leak Recall May Not Be Good Enough news | 6 days ago
- April 23: Ford Explorer Exhaust Leak Lawsuit Dismissed by Judge news | 29 days ago
- April 5: Ford Door Sensor Problems Cause Lawsuit news | 47 days ago
- April 1: Ford Recalls F-250 Trucks Over Rollaway Dangers recalls | 51 days ago
- March 30: Ford Recalls Escape, Fiesta ST, Fusion and Transit Connect After 29 Fires recalls | 53 days ago
CarComplaints.com Notes: Most people need a car where the coil springs don't puncture or shred tires while driving. The Taurus fails in that respect.
The 1999-2003 Ford Taurus has a huge problem with coil springs breaking, which can puncture or even shred tires while driving.
The US government spent THREE YEARS (2008-2011) investigating the 2002-2003 Taurus coil springs. Although Taurus/Sable from earlier years were recalled, ultimately the NHTSA did not force a recall. They determined that because there had been no deaths & very few bad crashes & injuries, the broken coil springs defect was no big deal & not a safety defect. Tell that to all the owners who had close calls...
- Typical Repair Cost:
- No data
- Average Mileage:
- 93,000 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 1 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (1 reports)
cooling system problem