Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: Most people need a car where the coil springs don't puncture or shred tires while driving. The Taurus fails in that respect.

The 1999-2003 Ford Taurus has a huge problem with coil springs breaking, which can puncture or even shred tires while driving.

The US government spent THREE YEARS (2008-2011) investigating the 2002-2003 Taurus coil springs. Although Taurus/Sable from earlier years were recalled, ultimately the NHTSA did not force a recall. They determined that because there had been no deaths & very few bad crashes & injuries, the broken coil springs defect was no big deal & not a safety defect. Tell that to all the owners who had close calls...

2002 Ford Taurus cooling system problems

cooling system problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Ford Taurus:

2002 Ford Taurus Owner Comments

Dec 072009

Taurus SE

(I have been going to my school's shop for the first few times for this.)First I went in to get the heater looked at because it was not blowing out hot air, just cool air. So when I took it in, they changed the thermostat and it worked at first but then it went back to cool air after 20 min of driving it. Then I brought it back in and they then flushed the heater core. When I took the car back after that I noticed a leaking but didnt think too much of it. So when I was driving it home, my car started to overheat, when I pulled into my garage the hood of the car started smoking like CRAZY and I noticed there was a HUGE leak of coolant everywhere. Then, I brought it back in, and they said that I have to bring it into a mechanic to get the Inlet tube and outlet tube replaced because the tubes were really rusted. So now I have to take it in, and hopefully they can fix it not for a SUPER large expense.

- , Elkhorn, WI, USA