- September 22: Ford Shattering Sunroofs Cause Class-Action Lawsuit news | 3 days ago
- September 8: Ford Recalls 2.3 Million Vehicles Over Door Latches recalls | 17 days ago
- August 28: Ford Explorer Exhaust Lawsuit Settled by Parties news | 28 days ago
- August 25: Ford Recalls 113,000 Vehicles in 2 Recalls recalls | 31 days ago
- August 7: France Finds Emissions Problems in 86 Vehicle Models news | 49 days ago
Check Engine Light On
CarComplaints.com Notes: Most people need a car where the coil springs don't puncture or shred tires while driving. The Taurus fails in that respect.
The 1999-2003 Ford Taurus has a huge problem with coil springs breaking, which can puncture or even shred tires while driving.
The US government spent THREE YEARS (2008-2011) investigating the 2002-2003 Taurus coil springs. Although Taurus/Sable from earlier years were recalled, ultimately the NHTSA did not force a recall. They determined that because there had been no deaths & very few bad crashes & injuries, the broken coil springs defect was no big deal & not a safety defect. Tell that to all the owners who had close calls...
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 89,544 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 8 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (8 reports)