- September 29: Ford Recalls Focus and Transit Connect Vehicles in 2 Recalls recalls | 1 days ago
- September 26: Jury Rules Ford Escape Airbag Caused Man to Kill Himself news | 4 days ago
- September 22: Ford Shattering Sunroofs Cause Class-Action Lawsuit news | 8 days ago
- September 8: Ford Recalls 2.3 Million Vehicles Over Door Latches recalls | 22 days ago
- August 28: Ford Explorer Exhaust Lawsuit Settled by Parties news | 33 days ago
Loss Of Power
CarComplaints.com Notes: Most people need a car where the coil springs don't puncture or shred tires while driving. The Taurus fails in that respect.
The 1999-2003 Ford Taurus has a huge problem with coil springs breaking, which can puncture or even shred tires while driving.
The US government spent THREE YEARS (2008-2011) investigating the 2002-2003 Taurus coil springs. Although Taurus/Sable from earlier years were recalled, ultimately the NHTSA did not force a recall. They determined that because there had been no deaths & very few bad crashes & injuries, the broken coil springs defect was no big deal & not a safety defect. Tell that to all the owners who had close calls...
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 68,212 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 2 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- corroded battery cable (1 reports)
- not sure (1 reports)