- March 29: Ford Freestyle Engine Surge Lawsuit Not Dead Yet
- March 25: Ford Recalls 221,000 Vehicles in Three Recalls
- March 23: Ford Focus and Fusion Power Steering Lawsuit Dismissed
- March 18: Ford Unintended Acceleration Lawsuit Filed in Louisiana
- March 12: Massive Car Hacking Lawsuit Filed Against Ford, GM and Toyota
Air Bag Light Flashes Code Then Stays On
CarComplaints.com Notes: Most people need a car where the coil springs don't puncture or shred tires while driving. The Taurus fails in that respect.
The 1999-2003 Ford Taurus has a huge problem with coil springs breaking, which can puncture or even shred tires while driving.
The US government spent THREE YEARS (2008-2011) investigating the 2002-2003 Taurus coil springs. Although Taurus/Sable from earlier years were recalled, ultimately the NHTSA did not force a recall. They determined that because there had been no deaths & very few bad crashes & injuries, the broken coil springs defect was no big deal & not a safety defect. Tell that to all the owners who had close calls...
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 73,739 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 3 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (2 reports)
- change seatbelt.....multiple times (1 reports)
seat belts / air bags problem