- June 7: Sports Car Crash-Test Ratings All Over the Place news | 22 days ago
- June 1: Ford Recalls 1.9 Million Vehicles to Replace Takata Airbags recalls | 28 days ago
- May 25: Ford Recalls 271,000 F-150 Trucks For Leaking Master Cylinders recalls | 35 days ago
- May 17: Ford Spark Plugs Breaking? Ford Settles Class-Action Lawsuit news | 43 days ago
- May 16: Recalled Axle Repair May Not Meet U.S. Safety Agency's Own Rules news | 44 days ago
Air Bag Light Flashes Code Then Stays On
CarComplaints.com Notes: Most people need a car where the coil springs don't puncture or shred tires while driving. The Taurus fails in that respect.
The 1999-2003 Ford Taurus has a huge problem with coil springs breaking, which can puncture or even shred tires while driving.
The US government spent THREE YEARS (2008-2011) investigating the 2002-2003 Taurus coil springs. Although Taurus/Sable from earlier years were recalled, ultimately the NHTSA did not force a recall. They determined that because there had been no deaths & very few bad crashes & injuries, the broken coil springs defect was no big deal & not a safety defect. Tell that to all the owners who had close calls...
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 73,739 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 3 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (2 reports)
- change seatbelt.....multiple times (1 reports)
seat belts / air bags problem