- March 20: Ford Explorer Police Vehicles Get Carbon Monoxide Detectors news | 2 days ago
- March 15: Ford Recalls 2017 Mustangs to Repair Door Handles recalls | 7 days ago
- March 5: Ford Dual-Clutch Transmission Lawsuit Filed in Texas news | 17 days ago
- March 3: Ford Recalls Edge, Lincoln MKX and Lincoln Continental recalls | 19 days ago
- February 26: Judge Dismisses Ford Power Steering Lawsuit news | 24 days ago
Broken Front Spring
2002 Ford Taurus (Page 2 of 3)
CarComplaints.com Notes: Most people need a car where the coil springs don't puncture or shred tires while driving. The Taurus fails in that respect.
The 1999-2003 Ford Taurus has a huge problem with coil springs breaking, which can puncture or even shred tires while driving.
The US government spent THREE YEARS (2008-2011) investigating the 2002-2003 Taurus coil springs. Although Taurus/Sable from earlier years were recalled, ultimately the NHTSA did not force a recall. They determined that because there had been no deaths & very few bad crashes & injuries, the broken coil springs defect was no big deal & not a safety defect. Tell that to all the owners who had close calls...
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 92,267 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 47 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- replace front springs and struts (28 reports)
- coil springs replaced (10 reports)
- not sure (4 reports)
- replace spring, strut, stabilizer bar and tire (4 reports)
- replace spring, strut, stabilizer bar & tire (1 reports)