- October 16: MyFord Touch Lawsuit Certified Class-Action in Nine States news | 4 days ago
- October 16: Ford Says Power Steering Lawsuit Shouldn't Be a Class-Action news | 4 days ago
- October 12: Ford Edge and Lincoln Continental Recalled recalls | 8 days ago
- October 4: Feds Investigate Brake Failures in 2015-2016 Ford F-150 Trucks investigations | 16 days ago
- October 4: Ford Throttle Body Problems Lead to Lawsuit news | 16 days ago
Window Not Working
CarComplaints.com Notes: Most people need a car where the coil springs don't puncture or shred tires while driving. The Taurus fails in that respect.
The 1999-2003 Ford Taurus has a huge problem with coil springs breaking, which can puncture or even shred tires while driving.
The US government spent THREE YEARS (2008-2011) investigating the 2002-2003 Taurus coil springs. Although Taurus/Sable from earlier years were recalled, ultimately the NHTSA did not force a recall. They determined that because there had been no deaths & very few bad crashes & injuries, the broken coil springs defect was no big deal & not a safety defect. Tell that to all the owners who had close calls...
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 93,692 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 3 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- replace window regulator and motor (2 reports)
- not sure (1 reports)
windows / windshield problem