- September 29: Ford Recalls Focus and Transit Connect Vehicles in 2 Recalls recalls | 2 days ago
- September 26: Jury Rules Ford Escape Airbag Caused Man to Kill Himself news | 5 days ago
- September 22: Ford Shattering Sunroofs Cause Class-Action Lawsuit news | 9 days ago
- September 8: Ford Recalls 2.3 Million Vehicles Over Door Latches recalls | 23 days ago
- August 28: Ford Explorer Exhaust Lawsuit Settled by Parties news | 34 days ago
Ac / Heater Does Not Work On All Settings
CarComplaints.com Notes: Most people need a car that shifts gears & coil springs that don't shred tires. The Taurus fails in that respect.
The 2003 Ford Taurus has major issues with the transmission failing. Typically the 2003 Taurus transmission failure costs $2,000 to fix by about 90k-100k miles. Not good.
Adding insult to injury, the 1999-2003 Taurus also has a huge problem with coil springs breaking which can puncture or even shred tires while driving.
The US government spent THREE YEARS (2008-2011) investigating the 2002-2003 Taurus coil springs. Although Taurus/Sable from earlier years were recalled, ultimately the NHTSA did not force a recall. They determined that because there had been no deaths & very few bad crashes & injuries, the broken coil springs defect was no big deal & not a safety defect. Tell that to all the owners who had close calls...
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 75,430 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 10 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (5 reports)
- bought new parts, got the tsb, follwed the directions (2 reports)
- please see tsb 04-15-3 (2 reports)
- replaced fan blower resistor (1 reports)
AC / heater problem